Category Archives: Community

The Galleria Mall in Book Form!

Galleria Mall photo

A couple of years ago, Invisible published my first book, a collection of short stories called Everything Life Has to Offer. I’m now finishing up a second book, but this one’s entirely different. It focuses on Toronto’s Galleria Mall—a shopping mall in the city’s west end that was built in 1972 and is known for […]

Introducing the Invisibook Book Tour Club

We’re officially kicking off the Invisibook Book Tour Club! If you’re going somewhere cool, you need something cool to read. We’ve got you covered: Email us with your request and we’ll send you a free book to take on vacation. All we ask in return is that you take photos of the book we send […]

More than Five Questions with Writer Alicia Elliott

Alicia Elliott (photo credit: Ayelet Tsabari) On the latest interview for #Invisibooks, we caught up with the fantastic Alicia Elliott to hear her thoughts on encouraging emerging writers, the power of seeing yourself in a story, how her new book came about, and why she’s such a wrestling fan. Tamara Jong: Hey Alicia, huge congrats […]

Five Questions with Writer Jael Richardson

Jael Richardson (photo credit: Arden Wray) Jael chats with #Invisibooks about CanLit, why the Festival of Literary Diversity (FOLD) feels like fun and not work, her call to writing, tips on how to be an ally and her forthcoming new book Gutter Child (woohoo!). Tamara Jong: Jael, It’s just past year three of FOLD. You […]

Soft Bed

I can hear the man behind the front desk turning the page of the large guest book as he taps a biro against the edge of the counter. It’s hard to sleep sitting up, especially when all I want is to curl up on a soft bed and feel safe enough to fall into a […]

How’s it going between you and your writing?

Jon Chan Simpson’s writing is both whimsy and wit. His novel, Chinkstar, explores culture, race and history culminating in a hilarious, vivid and unforgettable debut. As this month’s guest contributor, Jon’s undeniably unique voice explores the writer’s relationship with writing with his very own diagnostic quiz. Take it, read about his own personal experiences with writing […]

More than Five Questions with Shazia Hafiz Ramji

Shazia Hafiz Ramji talks about childhood inspirations from R.L. Stine, encyclopedias, and Wordsworth, what it took to finish Port of Being and an accompanying playlist (Book to be released October 15th with Invisible Publishing) and how Tarot helps her write fiction. Tamara Jong: Hey Shazia, congrats on recently getting an honorable mention for your story “Pilgrims” […]

There’s Something About FOLD

My first introduction to author Jael Richardson, founder and artistic director of The Festival of Literary Diversity was after she was invited to speak while I was taking a nonfiction class with writer Ayelet Tsabari. Jael wrote the memoir The Stone Thrower: A Daughter’s Lesson, A Father’s Life. It’s about her journey to find her […]

Interview with Leigh Nash, publisher of Invisible Publishing

Invisible Publishing is a not-for-profit publisher based in Halifax, Nova Scotia and Picton, Ontario. The press began in 2007 with Robbie MacGregor, Nic Boshart, and Megan Fildes and they wanted to publish cool, contemporary Canadian books that were cheap and looked awesome. The mandate has not appeared to change from its inception to now. In […]

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: Inside Prince Edward County!

We want your stories, Prince-Edward-County-ites! Invisible Publishing is collecting personal essays about life in Prince Edward County, Ontario, Inside Prince Edward County, by people who live in or have ties to PEC. We want to hear from the people who are from The County, who’ve seen it change, who’ve been part of the change, and […]